Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hi, welcome to my food blog.

I've been playing around with the idea of a blog about food for a bit, and I think it's time.
I am not going to be that blog where people post stuff and you think... THAT LOOKS AMAZING.. but....

You know, Rita Rudner once said...



This isn't going to be the blog that makes you feel that way.

I'm not a chef.

I'm not a photographer.

I'm going to make food, take pictures of the steps (when I remember) and post the recipe and the results.
I can guarantee it is always going to taste better than it looks, and hopefully my pictures will get better as I go too.  Most of the time I'm more concerned with keeping the sugar off the phone as I take pictures than the composition. The idea is for me to show you how so you can do it, not to make it something that everyone pins on pinterst and never tries. For now, trust that if you had smell-o-vision you'd be happy.

If you want to try something, you know, lick the screen. Wait. That probably won't work either, but what you can do is try the recipe. Most are pretty easy, almost all are easier than they look. Trust me. I've had no professional cooking training. I just whip stuff up in the kitchen, but I've only ever made inedible food once, and I was distracted by something shiny so it wasn't my fault.

Thanks for checking me out, follow along and let's see what we can make!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see what sort of fantastic creations will be shared here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies. I think it's going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I crossed paths with your blog! Looks yummy - and I'm totally going to make the apple cannonballs! (And then post, and link to your original post. ;-) )

    ReplyDelete